Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Cath Lab Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
At St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Cath Lab Registered Nurse opportunity.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Cath Lab, you will be responsible for nursing care and related assistance for adult and geriatric patients with a broad range of illnesses. You will handle assessment of patients, medication administration, direct and indirect patient care, circulating cases, scrubbing procedures, and procedure documentation and monitoring.
* You will complete and document a patient assessment upon admission
* You will reassess and document changes in patient condition
* You will administer medications and monitor and document response
* You will monitor the patient’s overall status pre, during, and post procedure
* You will communicate any patient changes to the physician
* You will manage patients with a potentially life-threatening dysrhythmia or hemodynamic change via physician order by using medications and emergency equipment
* You will explain procedures to patients and assess their understanding
* 1 year of critical care and/or Cath Lab experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 3 years of critical care experience – preferred
* 1 year of diagnostic or interventional Cath Lab experience – preferred
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification – preferred
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification – preferred
* Trauma Nursing Core Couse (TNCC) certification – preferred
* Cardiovascular Registered Nurse (CVRN) certification – preferred
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care facility located north of Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the only hybrid operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with a Level II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock. Patients may also receive care related to rehabilitation services, women’s services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics, and more when visiting this facility.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Cath Lab Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tagged as: United States
Description Welcome to Centura Health Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to...Apply For This Job
Description Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and...Apply For This Job
Description Occupational Health Nurse Job Description Provide comprehensive occupational health services through regulatory compliance, proactive intervention and prevention. Support empowerment...Apply For This Job
Description $10K Sign On Bonus Elgible* **Must have 2 years RN experience to qualify for the sign on bonus. JOB...Apply For This Job
Description Overview Incentives offered for full time employees: Sign on bonus eligible ($15,000 depending on years of experience).And we are...Apply For This Job
Description Description: The Medical Assistant assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of an urgent care provider....Apply For This Job