Do you have the career opportunities as an PACU Recovery Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), you will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients. You will provide a clean, efficient and safe environment within the work area.
* You will complete an age-appropriate assessment on each assigned patient and create a specific plan of care upon patient arrival
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medication needed for patient care
* You will monitor the patient throughout the recovery phase
* You will administer IV therapy
* You will recognize and report variations in patient condition to the appropriate individuals (physician, anesthesiologist, clinical nurse coordinator)
* You will make rounds to check equipment cleanliness and appropriate storage
* You will monitor narcotic and medication control
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of previous Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) or critical care experience – preferred
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) certification – preferred
* Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) certification – preferred
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care facility located north of Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the only hybrid operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with a Level II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock. Patients may also receive care related to rehabilitation services, women’s services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics, and more when visiting this facility.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our PACU Recovery Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tagged as: United States
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus Do you have the career opportunities you want in your...Apply For This Job
Description Job Description & RequirementsRegistered Nurse – Perioperative Nurse – Operating Room – (OR RN)StartDate: 12/20/2021Available Shifts: 8 D Pay...Apply For This Job
Description Description Introduction Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line,...Apply For This Job
Description Welcome to Centura Health Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to...Apply For This Job
Description Overview CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than...Apply For This Job
Description Description About NHRMC NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on...Apply For This Job