Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) CVICU Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center!
As a Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) in the CVICU, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. As the Registered Nurse in the CVICU, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will provides care for the critically ill patients with central/invasive lines, hemodynamic pressure lines, pressure monitoring devices, temporary pacing, artificial airway/mechanical ventilation
* You will provide care for unstable cardiac patients, immediate post-op patients and potential organ or tissue donor patients
* 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
* Recent critical care experience – preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification – preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification – preferred
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our CVICU Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tagged as: United States
We are looking for a Lead Medical Assistant with $3,000 Sign-On Bonus for theNeurology Departmentat Heritage Healthcare.Location: Mission Viejo, CAWork...Apply For This Job
Description We currently have a client in Green Bay, WI looking for a Travel HH RN – Home Health Registered...Apply For This Job
Description Our Care Matters. $2,500 Sign on Bonus with out Home Health Experience $5,000 Sign on Bonus with Home Health...Apply For This Job
Description Agency: Mercy Medical Center Home Health and Hospice Our culture and people are what set us apart from other...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-timeFrisbie Memorial Hospitalis a 112-bed acute care facility that is unique in today’s healthcare environment....Apply For This Job
Description Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas Why UT Health – East Texas? Our...Apply For This Job