Healthcare Project Manager
Owings Mills, MD (100% Remote)
6-Month Contract (with possible extension)
This position is for the ePMO Mandates division which manages projects driven by federal or state legislation or by client. Prior experience with determining scope from federal or state regulations or client white papers is preferred but not required. We are looking for a strong minded, motivated, self-starter that is not afraid to network to get the job done.
* Manages projects, develops and directs technical project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with major information technology systems projects that are essential to departmental missions and affect clients operations on a long-term and continuing basis.
* Determines Project goals and priorities with management, program manager and/or project sponsors.
* Supports requirements of the enterprise program manager to provide necessary information and support for successful program delivery.
* Creates all project planning documentation and follows all clients Defined processes.
* Manages and communicates a clear vision of the projects objectives, and motivate the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team.
* Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
* Directs/leads project teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, capital planning procedures and agency guidance.
* Prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan. Coordinates with the business owner and upper level management to ensure the actions are consistent with the approved plan.
* Identifies standards or requirements for change management. Participates in change control (for example, reviewing configuration change requests).
* Develops or implements information systems security and entitlement requirements and plans; and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
* *Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with the line of business resource managers.
*Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
*Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members’ work.
Manages the Project Budget with overall budget accountability for up to $4 million per year.
* Collaborates with the finance department and various functional managers to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled; provides overall financial recommendations, and develop controls and measurements to monitor progress.
* Provides Finance with monthly accruals and forecasts by the due date established by Finance using the tools developed by Finance.
*Maintains current statements of work for all contractors; track and approve contractor invoices in a timely manner.
* Provides regular updates to project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the budget.
* Documents reasons for budget excess or shortfall.
* Manages project budgets for both expense and capital against the original project budget.
* Creates Executive Summaries for all contractor resources required to complete a project.
This position requires a bachelors degree in computer science, business, or equivalent work experience required. 4 to 6 years of related project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment.
Out of the 4-6 years required, at least 4 years in a combination of the following:
• Progressive broad-based information systems Project Management experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable.
• Experience in execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of systems development lifecycle including Agile and the Project Management Lifecycle
Tagged as: United States
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and...Apply For This Job
Description Keeping people safe at home and out of the hospital is more important than ever. BAYADA Licensed Practical Nurses...Apply For This Job
Description Interim Healthcare is looking for Hospice RNs! Starting rate is $45 – 55 per hour. Hospice RNs provide...Apply For This Job
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office....Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse I (RN) position is a licensed staff nurse, may be an entry level...Apply For This Job
Adventist HealthCare White Oak seeks to hire a Patient Care Tech who will embrace our mission to extend God’s care...Apply For This Job