Responsible for planning and managing a mix of tactical and strategic projects that are of medium to high complexity, cost and impact, affect multiple business units, and include 50 to 100 project team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes historical data, identifies areas for improvement and makes recommendations to improve estimates.
• Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
• Reviews plans to determine costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements and goals.
• Develops project plans outlining project scope, activities, schedules, deadlines and cost/time estimates.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups.
• Assigns project team members to various project activities.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client organizations as needed to meet project goals.
• Seeks and develops more productive and effective ways to complete assigned tasks. Ensures fit with timeline, architecture and user needs.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post implementation review to identify areas of improvement or that worked well.
• Builds strong, collaborative relationships and takes ownership of key initiatives across business levels and functions.
• May participate in pre-sales and due diligence activities by writing the project management methodology portion of the proposal and/or reviewing proposals.
• Improves department documentation standards or guidelines by making recommendations that result in cost or time savings.
• Provides training and some direction for project management team as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Complexity of Work: Non-routine; general policies applied to frequently changing situations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related discipline.
Experience: 7-10 years experience in project management including five years experience managing complex projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project management certification preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We’ve never let go of his passion or the values that he...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Services PMO Manager Introduction: The Services PMO Manager will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled...Apply For This Job
A consumer products company in New York City is actively seeking a driven and hardworking professional to join their staff...Apply For This Job
Position: Operations Manager Type: w2 contract. 6 months (potential conversion to FTE) Location: Remote (Supporting Austin, TX) As an...Apply For This Job
Description Summary: The Manager Health Information Management Coding is considered a system support position that provides leadership, support, and direction,...Apply For This Job
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2021 sales of approximately $5.5 billion....Apply For This Job