The OT (Operational Technology) Network Engineer is responsible for providing tactical planning, engineering design and consulting, documentation, equipment lifecycle management, and third-level technical support for the network infrastructure supporting Southern Company’s operational real-time data networks.
General Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for engineering designs for OT network facilities including Cisco data communications equipment; routers, switches, etc.
• Responsible for development of and compliance with engineering standards including requirements gathering, documentation, product lifecycle plans, and design packages.
• Responsible for coordinating supplemental engineering service providers and/or contractors performing engineering design for network projects.
• Responsible for providing support to the local Operating Companies on issues related to network planning, engineering design, and engineering consulting.
• Responsible for developing and participating in the successful completion of Power Delivery Specialized Infrastructure initiatives and Technology Organization initiatives.
• Responsible for providing third-level maintenance (reactive, preventative, and quality assurance) support as well as backup maintenance /installation coverage related to the identified networks / equipment at specific Southern Company locations.
Top Skills Details:
Network engineering,Firewall,VPN,Cisco network design,Cisco switches,Cisco routers,data network systems,remote computing access
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
• Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere
• Ability to provide and accept feedback
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to build relationships, to communicate and work with all levels of management, vendors, and other internal and external groups and customers and exhibit positive influence at all levels.
• Effective oral and written communications skills with the ability to convey complex technical issues in business terms.
• Attention to detail
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Tagged as: United States
More information about this job:Overview:FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third...Apply For This Job
Highgate HotelsHighgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry....Apply For This Job
Performs varied technical work including engineering design, review of plans and specifications, preparation of engineering reports, and other work-related tasks. ...Apply For This Job
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At...Apply For This Job
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort...Apply For This Job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted...Apply For This Job