UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for patient outreach and care coordination in the ambulatory practice setting. Identifies barriers to care plan compliance and provides appropriate education and resources. Works collaboratively with the care team to achieve high quality, low cost outcomes for patient populations. Consistently achieves established productivity targets.
This position will support the UNC Family Medicine Practice at Fuquay Varina.
1. Provides care management services in the ambulatory practice setting. Works collaboratively with other care team members to develop and support the patient’s care plan.
2. Utilizes motivational interviewing to identify barriers and facilitate care plan compliance. Serves as a patient advocate, supporting shared decision-making and the use of decision aids.
3. Educates patients and families on a variety of topics including how to access medical home services, establish self-management goals, and navigate the health care system.
4. Identifies, coordinates and helps to align patient care and community resources to facilitate patient care transitions and prevent hospital readmissions and Emergency Department visits.
5. Provides psychotherapy for mental, emotional, addictive, behavioral, or developmental disorders and conditions within the scope of practice for a LCSW.
6. Reviews and monitors patient outcomes, recommends changes in care plan and implements population management interventions.
7. Appropriately documents consults and interventions in the patient’s electronic medical record.
8. Consistently achieves established productivity targets.
9. Appropriately documents consults and interventions in the patient’s electronic medical record.
10. Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal setting, quality improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives.
11. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures and evidenced based guidelines.
● Requires Master’s in Social Work.
● LCSW required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of broad clinical experience in the acute care setting caring for patients with complex medical conditions required. Experience in case management, utilization review, quality management preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent interpersonal skills and communication capabilities. Knowledge of care management and quality improvement principles. Possess appropriate analytical skills to independently problem solve and make decisions. Possess computer skills at a level sufficient to effectively and efficiently use computer applications common to a Patient Centered Medical Home practice.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Tagged as: United States
Description 2,500 sign on bonus- Does Not Apply to Internal Candidates JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Assistant is a key...Apply For This Job
Allergy & Immunology Practice seeking Certified Medical Assistants Job Purpose: Assisting Physicians by providing clinical information, updating...Apply For This Job
Interim HealthCare of Colorado Springs offers the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for...Apply For This Job
Description Overview For more than 50 years CHI Health Missouri Valley’s mission has been to nurture and enhance the...Apply For This Job
Description Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Part-time Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line?...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time $20k Sign-On Bonus Available – March & April start dates! Do you want...Apply For This Job