Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Seeking a Per Diem Medical Assistant, Certified to provide specialty care coordination for patients who are treated by our Oral Medicine Specialists, involving procedures billed through medical insurance by the hospital. Specialty care coordination includes registering medical insurance and preparing medical treatment plans for prior-authorization, scheduling patients upon insurance approval, completing pre-op comprehensive medical history registration over the phone, and managing the medical provider work queue. The Medical Assistant, Certified provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outpatient clinic setting. Works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor.
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data, including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient’s reason for visit.
2. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social history.
3. Reviews patient’s current medication list, allergies and preferred pharmacy.
4. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments, examinations and procedures.
5. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
6. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
7. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction of a provider.
8. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires any routine health screenings.
9. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready for use during visit/procedure.
10. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
11. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment rooms.
12. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
13. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out, appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and referrals.
14. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the direction of a provider or nurse.
15. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or nurse.
16. Additional Essential Responsibilities of a Credentialed Medical Assistant II may include: -Precepts new medical assistant/credentialed medical assistant hires and medical assistant externs-Trains other medical assistants in clinic procedures-Assists the physician with maintaining preventive health measures for a panel of patients.-Performs clinic based quality or safety role (ex. clinic safety coordinator, maintains immunization or medication registry, performs medication, or other required audits) -Manages clinic supply ordering
● Requires high school diploma or GED.
● Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
● Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA), National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
● Prefer candidates with current Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association at the time of hire. If selected candidate does not possess BLS, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior medical assistant or medical assistant externship experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above.
● Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
● Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH-Oral Medicine
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Tagged as: United States
722127 No 5121 1571 1 02-01-2022 Requisition Id 161210BR Department Number and Name 010063118 Medicine Unit 4-3W Ortho Joint Job...Apply For This Job
Primary City/State: Peoria, Arizona Department Name: C/P-Peoria Dermatology-Clinic Work Shift: Day Job Category: Clinical Care Those who have joined the...Apply For This Job
Kindred at Home in Reno, NV is offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for a full time home health registered...Apply For This Job
Job Overview Responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients, visitors, staff, etc. This position also provides administrative and clerical...Apply For This Job
Description SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Memorial...Apply For This Job
*Location: POSITION IS LOCATED IN ESTANCIA, NM “Easy Apply” in 7 – 10 minutes with your resume* *Work-life fulfillment schedule, Generous...Apply For This Job