Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: The Medical Assistant II, Certified provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outpatient clinic setting. Works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor. The Medical Assistant II, Certified also serves as the information center and first point of contact for the patient community. The Medical Assistant II, Certified provides technical & visit preparation support to patients in a virtual care setting. This role assists patients to ensure they are prepared for their virtual visit with guidance on navigating through My UNC Chart and technical support for video and phone connection.
1. Ensures excellent customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations. Meets call quality standards.
2. Works with clinic and or work queue to schedule patient support calls prior to video visit
3. Assists with My UNC Chart set up and patients’ navigation as needed
4. Guides patients through process expected on day of virtual visit
5. Tests audio, video connection, network bandwidth connection with patients
6. Advises patients on best conditions to perform video visit; recommends telephone or in-person visit if requirements for successful video visit are not met
7. Provides overview of patient guidelines for video visits
8. Provides on-demand technology support & trouble shooting for patients when needed
9. Ensures and verifies key patient information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
10. Tracks and documents patient support sessions
11. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data, including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient’s reason for visit.
12. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social history.
13. Reviews patient’s current medication list, allergies and preferred pharmacy.
14. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
15. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires any routine health screenings.
16. Schedules all new and follow-up patient support calls as necessary. Attempt to reschedule cancellations whenever possible. Communicates cancellations to clinic as necessary.
17. Enhances co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers. Demonstrates willingness to change to ensure continuous improvement.
18. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
19. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out, appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and referrals.
20. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or nurse.
21. Additional Essential Responsibilities of a Credentialed Medical Assistant II may include: -Precepts new medical assistant/credentialed medical assistant hires and medical assistant externs-Trains other medical assistants in clinic procedures-Assists the physician with maintaining preventive health measures for a panel of patients.-Performs clinic based quality or safety role (ex. clinic safety coordinator, maintains immunization or medication registry, performs medication, or other required audits) -Manages clinic supply ordering
● Requires high school diploma or GED.
● Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
● Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA), National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
● Prefer candidates with current Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association at the time of hire. If selected candidate does not possess BLS, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Possess at least one year of full-time experience as a Credentialed Medical Assistant.
● Demonstrate possession of the competencies outlined in the Credentialed Medical Assistant Advancement Worksheet through their application and interview.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above.
● Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
● Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Virtual Care Center – Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Tagged as: United States
Penn Highlands Healthcare is now accepting BC/BE Vascular Surgery candidates to join Penn Highlands DuBois. The ideal candidate will have...Apply For This Job
Overview:Aveanna Healthcare is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to work within a facility setting. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities The Valley Health System Consolidated Services The Valley Health System has expanded into an integrated health network that serves...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Part-time Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another...Apply For This Job
Covenant Health is seeking a Full Time, Night Shift Registered Nurse II for the Surgical Intensive Care Unit IntensivistDepartment at...Apply For This Job
$1000 Sign-On Bonus Available! M-F, 8am-5pm, 40 hours a week This position will have the opportunity to work in...Apply For This Job