Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC Rex Medical Surgical ICU is 20 bed, adult and geriatric medical, surgical and overflow of cardiac and neuro intensive care patients. UNC Rex MSICU serves a variety of patients including those with complex medical conditions requiring intensive care. The unit provides direct post-operative recovery of patients from major surgery. The Nurses are highly skilled, with excellent critical thinking able to care for patient with ARDS on a Ventilator, proning, active titration of vasoactive drips, sedation, complex therapies such as Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), Target Temperature Management Therapy (TTM). Procedures at the bedside include Percutaneous Tracheostomy, Bronchoscopy assisted by our staff.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
1. Education – Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs. With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses readiness to learn of the patient/family/caregivers. Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn.
2. Evaluation of Care – Identifies expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
3. Implementation – Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
4. Leadership – With assistance, develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor. Is knowledgeable about activities which facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment. Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all.
5. Patient Assessment – Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
6. Planning – Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Begins to use full range of communication as a means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research – Reads journals that contain studies or articles that may be applicable to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability.
● Graduation from a school of professional nursing.
● If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Nursing or a Master’s degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Medical Surgical ICU
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Tagged as: United States
You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Registered Nurse PACU Schedule: 3-12’s (Call Required) Do you have a passion for...Apply For This Job
722667 No 5121 1621 1 02-16-2022 Requisition Id 161737BR Department Number and Name 345855420 Physicians Job Description Perform patient care...Apply For This Job
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN Step Down ICU you want in your current role?...Apply For This Job
Job Category: Collections & OperationsRequisition Number: HEALT001700 Full-Time Cartersville, GA 30120, USA Job Details Description COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Starting at...Apply For This Job