This position is for our David D. Hunting YMCA.
Guiding Principles describe our behaviors to support our organization’s work throughout its life in all circumstances, irrespective of changes in goals, strategies, and leadership. Our Guiding Principles are as follows: We CULTIVATE-We grow staff and volunteer leaders who will be stewards of the Y mission, resources, and opportunities. We OWN-We think long-term and act on behalf of the organization, beyond our own team. We WELCOME-We are inclusive of all people and all communities. We SERVE-We provide timely and excellent service to members, volunteers, community, and each other. We LEARN-We are never done learning and always seek to improve. We are curious about new possibilities and act to explore them. We UNITE-We work together to achieve big goals and speak as one voice. We RESPECT-We treat others with kindness and speak positively about other people in all situations. We PLAY-We celebrate, appreciate, and have fun!
The YMCA of Great Grand Rapids utilizes a Membership By Design framework, which is a member involvement and community building model for YMCAs across the country. All staff members—front-line, management, full- and part-time—and volunteers have a role to play in member engagement. These responsibilities can be broken into six steps:
1. Enrollment: Staff and volunteers encourage potential members to enroll in programs and activities that meet their needs.
2. Satisfaction: Staff and volunteers ask members continually about their satisfaction with a program or activity, track responses, listen to suggestions, and respond promptly in a manner consistent with the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
3. Relationship Building: Staff and volunteers are open, friendly, and approachable to all YMCA members and participants. Staff and volunteers initiate interaction with and between members.
4. Education and Conversion: Staff and volunteers know about and share their knowledge of the YMCA, its programs, its policies, its mission, its values, and how it benefits members and the community.
5. Volunteerism and Leadership: Staff and volunteers create opportunities for members to volunteer in their areas of interest, and they ask members to do so whenever appropriate.
6. Ownership: Staff and volunteers encourage members to own the YMCA, using words such as we, us, and our association (and actions that match those words) to include members as well as staff and volunteers.
The Early Learning Assistant Teacher will assist in the planning, developing, and implementing of classroom activities for programs. This position requires face-to-face leadership in this program and may involve early morning responsibilities.
We are hiring for both Infant Classroom Assistant Teachers and Toddler Classroom Assistant Teachers.
• Assists Site Coordinator/Supervisor in developing and leading daily lesson plans
• Actively engages with children in the classroom
• Assists with daily parent communication
• Prepares materials for daily activity
• Maintains records of attendance, arrival, and departure times
• Maintains supervision of children
• Assists Site Supervisor with parent-teacher conferences as needed
• Efficiently communicates with classroom teaching team
Performs any other functions deemed to be necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids Association
$11.91hr-$14.89hr; Non-Exempt; Full Time (40 hours/week)
· Free YMCA Family Membership!
· 50% discount off the regular rate for each child registered in a YMCA childcare program. Full-time YMCA employees working in a licensed childcare program will receive a 50% discount on all Early Learning (including infant room), School-Age, and Day Camp registrations.
· Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Up to a 9% retirement contribution upon eligibility
· Community Discounts, and more!
Associate’s Degree or CDA credential from an accredited college required; three to six months childcare related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required. Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles. Ability and desire to work with and care for infants, toddler, and preschool children.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Blood Borne Pathogen training
• CPR Certification required within the first 60 days
• First Aid Certification required within the first 60 days
• State of Michigan criminal background clearance (ICHAT)
• DHS clearance
• Negative T.B. skin test
• Documentation of physical exam
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
Developing Self & Others
• Supports members, participants, or project teams in achieving their goals.
• Reflects on and learns from successes and mistakes.
• Proactively shares information, experiences, lessons learned, and suggestions to help others be more successful.
• Volunteers for challenging tasks or projects in an effort to grow and develop.
Solicits and is open to informal learning opportunities to gain insight (e.g., performance feedback, coaching, and stretch assignments).
• Embraces all dimensions of diversity (i.e., ability, age, culture, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, etc.) by treating all people with dignity, compassion, and respect.
• Creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and respected.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of members, parents, and staff.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
0-5% of local travel within the state of Michigan; occasional out-of-state travel may be required for educational conferences or training.
Tagged as: United States
Job description Preschool Lead Teacher needed for a full full-day development centerLooking for a professional, caring, energetic team player...Apply For This Job
2734 South Alma School RoadCOVID-19 Considerations All Associates are required to wear face masks and regular sanitization must be conducted in the workplace. Where permitted by applicable...Apply For This Job
Description Adjunct Instructor, Student Teaching Coordinator The University of Northern Iowa’s Department of Teaching seeks applications for a temporary Student...Apply For This Job
everylittle step daycare is an early childhood education program in Queens Ny. We aim to providing high-quality and affordable programs...Apply For This Job
With over 100,000 people located in a 6.5 square mile area, Cambridge is a unique community with a strong mix...Apply For This Job
Special Education Teacher Special Education Teacher Clifton Park Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. School year and six-week summer program....Apply For This Job