The Sports Official is responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of each child enrolled in the program. He or she demonstrates leadership, shows active participation and enthusiasm on the court or field. He or she also serves as a positive and wholesome role model to all participants and other staff in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley. Sports he or she will officiate include, but not limited to:
Soccer, Basketball, Flag Football, T-Ball, Softball, Volleyball, Track, Indoor Soccer, Indoor Baseball and Floor Hockey
1. Serves as role model to members and Y staff, and at all times lives the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
2. Uses teachable moments as often as possible during the course of a game.
3. Sets up and tears down the necessary sports equipment needed for the game
4. Memorize to the “Youth Sports Pledge” and be able to present it on game day to the kids.
5. Reads and understands the rules that have been developed for the YMCA league.
6. Enforces the rules using a whistle and verbal communication
7. Provides extraordinary customer services; responsiveness to coaches and needs participants needs.
8. Provide direct supervision to program participants at all times and ensures a safe environment. If a hazardous situation occurs he or she acts swiftly to correct it.
9. Demonstrates professionalism in executing tasks.
10. Maintains a clean and safe work site; assist custodial staff as needed to ensure a clean and safe environment.
11. Prepares incident reports accurately, consistently and in accordance with established timelines. Communicate to supervisor in writing, accident and discipline situations which require corrective actions. Seek guidance from supervisor in unusual circumstances.
12. Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
13. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
14. Adherence to all policies and procedures of YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley.
15. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
16. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings/trainings.
17. All other duties as assigned by the Program Director -Youth Sports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School Diploma, equivalent or enrolled school and working towards either.
2. Previous knowledge of the sport and basic understanding of the rules is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must be able to pass background check
2. CPR /AED/First Aid Certification*
3. Mandatory Reporter*
*Note: If not currently certified, must obtain certification within 30 days of hire. All the above certification training programs are provided by the YMCA staff.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Be able to run to be able to keep up with the pace of play
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and varying fitness equipment. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to moderate during office hours and moderate too loud during event hours. This position works in a variety of environments which can include but are not limited to, office settings, gymnasiums, and outdoors. This position works a varied work week as determined by the needs required to manage operations and events of which can include working evening, weekend, and additional hours to accommodate program and other activities representing the organization and branch operation.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y membership and participation in the Y retirement program! (must meet hourly eligibility requirements)
PAY RATE: $9.00/hour
Tagged as: United States
Practice DescriptionFairview Health Services is seeking a Sports Medicine Physician to join a multispecialty practice at our M Health Fairview Orthopedics -...Apply For This Job
Looking for a part-time position working with kids and sports? We have the perfect opportunity for you! We are seeking...Apply For This Job
POSITION SUMMARYThe Sports Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Sports Director in day to day operations of the Sports department....Apply For This Job
When you accept a position with Volo you’ll be joining a passionate, driven group of innovators within the social sports...Apply For This Job
Looking for an individual that enjoys hands on work for a company in the local area.Responsibilities:- Fold boxes according to...Apply For This Job
Scope and Purpose: This position ensures that a high level of service is offered to all guests and that we exceed...Apply For This Job